22.214.171.124 Protecting and promoting the production of indigenous content
The following essential elements must be included in any regulation that promotes production and protection of Indigenous content:
- The recognition of multiculturalism and multilingualism, as well as the state's interest in their protection.
- Incentives for Indigenous content production.
- Information availability and transparency, avoiding unnecessary obstacles to accessing content.
- Ensuring conditions for the dissemination of Indigenous peoples´ content through state-operated or franchised radio stations, and
- Support for the establishment of Indigenous media.
The compliance of legislation with these characteristics enables access centers installed in schools to find relevant content and provides incentives for production of local programming, including educational content that can contribute to multicultural education.